About Us

Thanks to the efforts of Father Michael J. McGivney, assistant pastor of St. Mary’s Church in New Haven, Connecticut,  and some of his parishioners, the Connecticut state legislature on March 29, 1882, officially chartered the Knights of Columbus as a fraternal benefit society. The Order is still true to its founding principles of charity, unity and fraternity.
About the Knights of Columbus

These founding principles make up our core objectives.

  1. To aid our Church
  2. To develop fellowship
  3. To perform charitable, educational and patriotic works
  4. To provide a system of fraternal insurance.

The Knights  was formed to render financial aid to members and their families, and mutual aid and assistance are offered to sick, disabled and needy members and their families. Social and intellectual fellowship is promoted among members and their families through educational, charitable, religious, social welfare, war relief and public relief works.

The history of the Order shows how the foresight of Father Michael J. McGivney, whose cause for sainthood is being investigated by the Vatican, brought about what has become the world's foremost Catholic fraternal benefit society. The Order has helped families obtain economic security and stability through its life insurance, annuity and long-term care programs, and has contributed time and energy worldwide to service in communities.

The Knights of Columbus has grown from several members in one council to more than 13,000 councils and 1.7 million members throughout the United States, Canada, the Philippines, Mexico, Poland, the Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Panama, the Bahamas, the Virgin Islands, Guatemala, Guam and Saipan.

The Knights in Celina

The Celina Knights of Columbus Council 1800 is a Catholic, family, fraternal, service organization. It offers unlimited opportunities for its members and their families.

The Knights of Columbus Council 1800 was founded in 1915.  While initially meeting in the Independent Order of Odd Fellows building, located on the south side of Market St. between Main and Walnut Streets, the council select John H Wenning as their First Grand Knight and CPPS Rev. George Hindelang as council’s First Chaplin who served from 1915 – 1943.  In 1969, the council purchased its current hall on Vine St. from P & B Grocery Store.

Knights share their time and talents in a vigorous program of service. Coming from every walk of life, such as: doctors, bricklayers, lawyers, plumbers, teachers, farmers, actors, etc., the Knights of Columbus members work together to help their Church and community.

Firmly founded upon the principles of charity, unity, fraternity and patriotism, the Knights of Columbus are able to accomplish a wide range of worthwhile goals, thanks to the strength and mutual support of members and their families.

Local endeavors support scout troops,special citizens of Mercer County, many local charitable activities and organizations, as wella snumerous parish acitivities.

Our Mission

Knights of Columbus are Catholic gentlemen committed to the exemplification of charity, unity, fraternity, patriotism, and defense of the priesthood. The Order is consecrated to the Blessed Virgin Mary. The Order is unequivocal in its loyalty to the Pope, the Vicar of Christ on earth. It is firmly committed to the protection of human life, from conception to natural death, and to the preservation and defense of the family. It was on these bedrock principles that the Order was founded over a century ago and remains true to them today.